Another summer is about to roll around, and it can only mean one thing: it's TnT season again!!
This summer marks my 4th season with the South Bay Run team (my 5th season overall). Wow, time really flies. And because every year should bring on new challenges, I'm about to take on the ultimate challenge of all: running my first full marathon.
Did you just hear me gulp?
You'd think after running 7 half-marathons, I'd be all nonchalant about running a full. After all, 7 half-marathons is the equivalent of running 3 1/2 full ones, right? Uh... sure, if you say so. So says math. What say I, though?
OH MY GOD, WHAT AM I SIGNING MYSELF UP FOR???
All right, slight (maybe not so slight) panic aside, I am confident in my decision. Why? Because I have an amazing group of coaches who are experienced in getting people like me across the finish line in one piece (and they may even get us to have fun doing so--that's my hope, anyway :)).
So bring on the SPF 80 sunscreen, the Sport Shield, the Nuun, the GU... Ok, maybe not the GU. And hey, for my long-time South Bay teammates, you may even be shocked that I'm finally ditching the CamelBak and trying the Fuel Belt this year.
Oh my, Jen must really be serious about this ;).
Can't wait for the kick-off! Go team!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment