Monday, October 6, 2008

Half-Marathon #8, baby!


We were supposed to do a regular ol' training run this weekend (12 miles in Campbell Park, to be exact). But the run girls and I couldn't resist doing something a little different from what it indicated on the training calendar. After all, there was something called the San Jose Rock N' Roll Half-Marathon going on this weekend, and how could we not go for it?

This was the third year in a row that I've done the RnR--I've done it every year since the inaugural, and I hope to continue to do each one as long as I can help it :). As always, it is one of my favorite courses: flat, pretty, and lots of cheering faces and great bands to keep you more than motivated.

When we finally crossed the finish line and got our medals, it reminded me of just how real the Nike Women's Marathon is and how it's only two more weeks till I (hopefully) cross the finish line there.

The journey this season has been particularly amazing. It was a year of attempting a couple of firsts for me: first full marathon, first Winter season. And I have met some amazing people along the way whom I now count as friends and I hope they will be in my life for the long haul.

Sorry, run girls, you're stuck with me now ;).


No comments: