Saturday, September 27, 2008

Tired, sore, but very proud :)

20 MILES!!

The big milestone I'd been dreading all season (well, other than the actual marathon ;)) has now come and gone, and IT ROCKED!

Ok, I did get tired. And the muscles ached. The joints talked to me. A lot. Oh, and I learned Gatorade is definitely NOT a good thing for me to consume on a run. But I had never felt so good at the end of a run as I did today. I actually SPRINTED the last 1/4 mile! SPRINTED, yo.

Heaps of thanks to my fellow run girls (Janine, Robin, and Beth: you are my heroes!). They kept me entertained, motivated, and most of all, going. When I crossed that "finish line," I never felt so proud or accomplished.

Today is definitely a day to be remembered :).

1 comment:

J9 said...

Yahoo! Great run - especially the thrill of victory at the end. There was NO agony of defeat here...